Spring Break

I know I haven’t written in awhile and I wanted to apologize to my three readers for that.  So, Chris, Ame and Sheli… I’m sorry!  We have been so busy having fun on Spring Break.  This is how my week has looked so far; Magic Show and dinner at Wonderworks,  cook out for over 30 people at my house (so of course I spent all that day cleaning), Animal Kingdom, beach for two days,  movies, bike rides, YMCA working out and swimming, taking the girls to gymnastics and dance.

Whew!  I need a vacation.

It’s been great but there is a part of me that craves routine and getting back to normal.   Yes, I actually enjoy waking up and doing just about the same thing every day.  I’m a planner and I like it that way.  I have at least 3 calendars and I use all 3.  I can be sporadic though too.  Like on Mondays, after Emily’s gymnastics class, sometimes we go straight home or sometimes we go to the zoo or a park.  Or on Wednesdays sometimes we check out books before story time and sometimes afterwards.  I know, crazy!

My girls have come to love the routine and have really benefited from it in so many ways.  It’s how I survive.

8 Responses to “Spring Break”

1. Sheli

Thanks for FINALLY getting back to your blog…and for acknowledging that the three of us are your true fans! Just wanted to add that Cooper is a huge fan and asks me daily if we can “see what ashlyn and emily did on the computer today”. So you most certainly have a 4th fan! Thanks for all of the fun ideas you have given us!

April 5th, 2008 at 10:00 pm

2. Ame

I agree with Sheli…I mean I haven’t had much to read online lately! You crack me up with your schedule, but I love that you so much live out of who you are! :)

April 6th, 2008 at 10:06 am

3. feeling left out in Cali ..j/k :)

Well, you actually have 5 daily readers. I just don’t always comment. I’m the shy one in the corner I guess. Just kidding…but, just so you know, you have a another daily faithful! I actually checked in today in hopes of getting help with something you or one of your other faithful readers probably knows the answer to…so, here it goes..

” Dear Mommy of Two:
    My 18 month old son, Parker, drew all over the wall with an orange crayon. What do you suggest I use to get it off the wall. It is a very glossy-paint type wall.

Thank you!
    Desperate Mom in Cali.”

April 6th, 2008 at 5:48 pm

4. Anne

You guys make me feel so loved! Thanks for reading.

April 6th, 2008 at 6:12 pm

5. Anne

The best part of the 3 calendars is that she has on all of them that she’s supposed to check the other 2.

April 6th, 2008 at 8:06 pm

6. Ame

Hey for the crayon on the wall, my brother actually did that when he was little. Two ideas, a little liquid soft scrub, scrub lightly. I think my mom actually used it with an old tooth brush. Or, the magic eraser by Mr. Clean!

Good luck :)

April 6th, 2008 at 9:42 pm

7. Alice

Thank you, Ame. My mom actually suggested the Magic Eraser, too….will have to buy that.. Soft scrub sounds good, too..My husband’s suggestion was to take the crayons away from Parker..now, THERE’S an idea… :) ~ Thanks for your reply…

April 7th, 2008 at 12:00 am

8. Anne

I was going to say the Magic Eraser too. Also, have you tried the Color Wonder markers by Crayola? They are fun and only write on the special paper.

April 7th, 2008 at 9:03 am