Kid Friendly Friday- More Easter Ideas

Easter Counting Book

This activity could be done anytime with regular stickers but I had lots of Easter stickers to use up.  My 5 year old did this as a center at school so I decided to do it with my 2 year old.  I cut a long piece of construction paper and folded it accordion style until there were 5 “pages”.  On the front I wrote Easter Counting Book and then wrote the numbers 1-5 at the bottom of each page.  She told me the numbers and put the correct amount of stickers on each page.

march-2009-100.jpg

march-2009-101.jpg

Resurrection Garden

This is another activity Ashlyn did at school that I thought was really neat.  The kids got to pick out a bowl and fill it with soil.  Then her teacher planted a flower and sprinkled some grass seed.  They made a cross from popsicle sticks and found a rock from outside.  Next, they placed the rock in front of a the bottom part of a plastic Easter egg representing the stone that was in front of Jesus’ tomb.  We have it on our kitchen table and the girls love taking turns trimming the grass with scissors.  I love that every-time we eat, we see the garden and can remember what Jesus did for us and why we celebrate Easter.

march-2009-103.jpg

march-2009-105.jpg

Check out more Kid Friendly Friday ideas here.

9 Responses to “Kid Friendly Friday- More Easter Ideas”

1. Sarah

I love this! Repost it a few weeks before Easter next year :) Thanks for linking!

April 10th, 2009 at 8:40 am

2. hadley

LOVE IT! I’m saving this for next year…I’ve had a hard time finding Easter crafts that reflect the real reason for celebrating :) thanks!

April 10th, 2009 at 8:58 am

3. Brandy

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your resurrection garden!! We will have to make it today after nap so we can have it for Easter.

April 10th, 2009 at 1:15 pm

4. Katie

Anne,
    I love the resurrection garden. What a great lesson!
    thanks for sharing another one of your fabulous ideas!!

April 10th, 2009 at 1:50 pm

5. Teaching Two » Saturday Showcase- Footprint Chicks/Ducks

[...] Kid Friendly Friday- More Easter Ideas [...]

April 10th, 2009 at 3:09 pm

6. Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings

Great idea with the sticker counting book. I have lots of Easter stickers from last year’s Easter basket. :)

What a wonderful idea with the Resurrection Garden. I’ll definitely have to do this with my kids next year as they will be a little bit older and I would love to instill in them the TRUE meaning of Easter. Thanks for sharing!

April 10th, 2009 at 5:54 pm

7. Katie

The great thing about that sticker activity is that it can be done over and over again all you have to do is change up the stickers being used. It’s a skill they have to work on for so long too.

That garden is the neatest idea, I’ve never seen anything like it. I really like how you can keep it for long after Easter.

April 10th, 2009 at 10:10 pm

8. Jenn

I love these ideas. Especially the Resurrection garden. My son is only 17 months old but I’m sure he would like making this with me (& getting dirty!). I’ve got a MckLinky party called Tot Tuesdays which started on Tuesday. I hope you’ll stop by & share:

Cheers,
Jenn

March 17th, 2010 at 3:00 am

9. kindergarten readiness test indiana

Way cool! Some very vslid points! I appreciate you writing this article
    plus the rest of the website is really good.

My web page :: kindergarten readiness test indiana

September 20th, 2013 at 9:59 pm