Aloha Friday- Kids Say the Funniest Things

It’s Friday, which means that over at An Island Life it’s time for Aloha Friday.  I am 23 weeks pregnant (with my third) and have started to really show the last couple of weeks.  I was finishing up my day with my class of 3 and 4 year olds when one of my students’ moms came into the class to pick up her child.  As he was leaving he turned to me and said, “You know Mrs. Storms, you used to be skinny.”  I thought it was hilarious and started to laugh but his mom turned red and got embarrassed.  I love the honesty of kids!

It got me thinking about all the comments people make when you are pregnant.  For some reason, they think that because you are having a baby they can say whatever they want to you.  So my question is…

Do you have any funny (or not so funny) comments people have said to you while you were pregnant?

8 Responses to “Aloha Friday- Kids Say the Funniest Things”

1. Harriet

My mother’s very nosy neighbor- “your’re getting fat!”..

Have a great Friday!

March 5th, 2010 at 10:03 am

2. pam

I can’t seem to remember, other than pregnant again?

March 5th, 2010 at 1:48 pm

3. The Gosfam

They asked how far along I was and then when I told them it was like “Good Luck” LOL!!

March 5th, 2010 at 2:44 pm

4. Upstatemomof3

“Oh you barely look pregnant at all” This was said at 41 weeks when I was ready to burst.

March 5th, 2010 at 6:35 pm

5. Elise

I am currently 35 weeks pregnant with our third baby. I have not had any amusing comments, but people always feel compelled to say “you’ll be busy with three little ones”. I also often hear people say: “Take it easy” – I don’t know how you can take it easy when you already have a three year old and a 20 month old – taking it easy has not been an option.

Congratulations on your third pregnancy. I look forward to following your journey via your blog.

March 5th, 2010 at 10:50 pm

6. twincerely,Olga

maybe that I looked so large in the belly and I was with twins!!Aloha

March 6th, 2010 at 1:03 am

7. Brittani

I loved when people said that I was “as big as a house” when I still had over 3 months left in the pregnancy! yikes! It was moments like that when I wondered why I was friends with those people in the first place :) hahahah

March 6th, 2010 at 11:56 pm

8. homemom3

OMG you got huge over night. This came from a woman who thought she knew me on Halloween night. Truth is I was very pregnant but I had no clue who she was.

After giving birth to my 4th child, my then 6 year old asked me, “Mom you just had Little A, so why are you still pregnant.” OUCH

March 10th, 2010 at 9:44 am