Aloha Friday

It’s Friday, which means that over at An Island Life it’s time for Aloha Friday.  As I sit here typing this post our neighbors’ dog is barking/yelping once again.  It has gotten so bad that I actually sent my husband next door one day when I was tutoring to ask them to keep it quiet.  Before they had a dog, they came over to let us know that they bought a dog shock collar for our dog because the barking “bothered his wife.”  What’s even funnier is the fact that our dog hardly ever barked and when it did we brought it inside immediately.   We get along great with our neighbors and have never really brought it up.  So, my question is…

Have you ever experienced anything like this?  What would you do if you were in my situation?

6 Responses to “Aloha Friday”

1. JDaniel4's Mom

Yes, I found myself turning up the music.

March 26th, 2010 at 8:03 am

2. Auntie E

Well I would give the dog a meat bone, that way it would keep it busy and quite. sometime you can get them from the butcher. Or save your in the freezer for that special day.

March 26th, 2010 at 9:48 am

3. pam

If they are good neighbours they will respect you enough to apologize and say that they are attempting to keep the dog quiet. I would def. tell them it is getting to be a bit much.

March 26th, 2010 at 10:00 am

4. Harriet

Yes, but we all seem to have multiple dogs and one of mine may be one of the loudest. Drives me nuts!

Have a great Friday!

March 26th, 2010 at 10:26 am

5. Janine

I’d have to bring it up…Maybe give them back the shock collar for THEIR dog!

Visiting from My Kids Are Fun for Aloha Friday!

March 26th, 2010 at 11:57 am

6. kailani

That’s a difficult situation because you don’t want bad feelings especially since they live right next door. I probably won’t say anything since I avoid confrontation as much as possible.

March 26th, 2010 at 11:40 pm