Aloha Friday

It’s Friday, so that means that over at An Island Life it is time for Aloha Friday.

In our family, we love to play games; board games, sports, games on the wii, etc.   My husband and I are very competitive.  Last weekend I found out just how competitive my oldest daughter is.  We were at a bowling birthday party and all the other little 6 year olds had grown tired of bowling and were sitting at the table about to eat pizza and cake.  Ashlyn however, was bound and determined to finish her game along with everyone else’s.

We love her competitive spirit and the fact we can play so many things with her.   But here is my question.

Do you let your kids win when you play a game with them?  Why or why not.

8 Responses to “Aloha Friday”

1. Amanda Bajgier

Heck no. Why? Because I like to win. :)

May 14th, 2010 at 12:19 am

2. Harriet

3. Janet F

My sons are grown. I think it depends on the age. I would let a 3 or 4 year old win. Older that they need to learn how to deal with losing. I think losing is a great teaching lesson. By losing we can sometimes show them how to play better.

May 14th, 2010 at 11:51 pm

4. kailani

I try to let them win at least once. After that, every person for themselves. LOL!

May 15th, 2010 at 1:24 am

5. JamericanSpice

I don’t always let them win. They need to learn about frustration and how to respond and also that they wont always come out on top but that doesnt change their worth etc etc etc

May 15th, 2010 at 4:29 am

6. Brittani

I don’t let them win, but I think that their age determines how competitive you can be with them in a game. I always showed my kids how nice it is to lose and win gracefully and be excited for the winner. We love game nights, too. :)

May 16th, 2010 at 1:42 pm

7. Chris

If I do let them win I make sure I tell them that’s why the won. And if they win on their own, I still tell them I let them win.

May 19th, 2010 at 9:04 am

8. dddiva

No, I never let them win. And I never won a game of war against the littles , either. I would swear they cheated but I know better. Ha.

May 21st, 2010 at 11:44 am