Well I survived camping day with the girls but I didn’t get much done around the house while they were playing. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow. Here are some pictures I got throughout the day. I think next week’s theme is going to be Field Day. I’ve got some ideas already that I’ll share later.
The girls looking through their binoculars they made.
Emily using her binoculars to find a bug (pretend) hiding in the bushes. Can you find it?
Directions for their Trail Mix snack.
Snuggling and reading in their tent.
Some marshmallow sculptures we made.
Eating fruit kabobs for lunch. They loved making these.
Making numbers out of playdoh.
Counting fireflies to put in her jar.
We also painted rocks but I didn’t get any pictures of that. It was such a fun day with lots to do. I think I will start having a themed stay at home day once a week over the summer. Let me know if you have any ideas. Become a Facebook Fan of Teaching Two.
We are going camping for the first time with the girls (and as a couple) in a week and the kids are so excited. I thought I would have a camping day indoors first . So today while they were resting I planned a whole day of fun activities for Friday. I took these pictures the night before because I knew I wouldn’ t have time to blog about it tomorrow. Below is a picture of everything I will need. Here is what I have planned for them:
- After breakfast they will decorate two toilet paper rolls using bug stickers, markers, stamps, etc. to make binoculars.
- rock painting- I found 4 awesome rocks that I “borrowed” from a distant neighbor.
- creating sculptures using toothpicks and mini marshmallows
- making numbers using playdoh (not really a camping activity but I found a sheet that had snakes on it)
- bug hunting in the backyard using their binoculars and bug jars they made at Emily’s b-day party.
- making their own “trail mix”- popcorn, peanuts, m&m’s, Cheerios
- reading in their tent and sleeping bags
- having an indoor picnic using our picnic basket
- counting activities with fireflies that I found here.
I will let you know how it goes and try to take pictures but I can’t promise anything. I plan on tackling Emily’s dresser in between activities.
Check out more Friday Showcase crafts here and Kid Friendly Friday ideas here.