Showcase Saturday- Jelly Bean Painting

My girls love marble painting so today we tried painting with jelly beans.  They don’t roll as nicely but it was still fun and turned out cute.  I cut out a shape of a jelly bean (kind of, I’m no artist).  Then we placed it in the top of a shoe box and I had the girls pick out what color paint they wanted to use.  They dropped the jelly beans in the different colored paint and then put them in their box tops.  They tilted and shook them until they were happy with how it looked.  The best part was being able to eat the left overs.  Emily did this craft too but the picture I took of her won’t upload for some reason.

march-2009-027.jpg

march-2009-029.jpg

Check out more Showcase Saturday ideas here.

8 Responses to “Showcase Saturday- Jelly Bean Painting”

1. Amanda

Love this, thanks!

March 27th, 2009 at 10:21 pm

2. jennifer

I think they are beautiful. I will be doing this. Thanks for linking such a great Easter project.

March 27th, 2009 at 11:32 pm

3. Bobbi

Marble painting is so cool. I really liked how you made jelly beans with the marble painting. What a great spin!

March 28th, 2009 at 3:12 am

4. mama lieveheersbeestje

I would never ever had thought of this, great idea! (And it is a scary idea too, that we extialy eat this paint..) Next time we buy yelly beans, we will do marble painting too, thanks for sharing!

March 28th, 2009 at 2:22 pm

5. Clemencia

I love this idea, I will have to give it a try :)

March 30th, 2009 at 3:05 pm

6. helen

Another good idea with this activity can also teach children about animal’s camouflage. Pretend the cutout shape of the bean is an animal and do the same thing with 3 colours and compare the outcome with another tray’s animal with differnet 3 selected colours. compare the two result and can talk about how animal hide.

April 10th, 2011 at 9:28 pm

7. Time for Play

8. hornsea sweets

Teaching Two » Showcase Saturday- Jelly Bean Painting I’m relatively new to blogging but liked the article it’s very interesting.

June 19th, 2011 at 11:28 am