Flip Flops

I live in my flip flops and so do my girls.  So I decided to have Ashlyn make some just for fun.  I made some flip flop shapes(or you could just trace their feet with their shoes on) and let her decorate them however she wanted.  I had dot markers and stickers for her to use.  She finished one and I told her she could do the other one the same or different it was up to her.  She said,  “Mommy, I want to make them symmetrical like butterfly wings.”  I was impressed and asked her how she knew that.  She said that her teacher, Mrs. Scott taught her that word.  We are really going to miss her when school gets out.  I hole punched three holes and used pink rick rack to finish it off.  I’ve also used pipe cleaners for this as well.  Here is the final project.  Not completely symmetrical but good enough for a 5 year old.

april-2009-128.jpg

april-2009-133.jpg

6 Responses to “Flip Flops”

1. Brittani

What a fun idea! I love it :)

April 22nd, 2009 at 11:21 pm

2. Amanda

I love the flip flops! I think that was my favorite bulletin board that I did last year. So colorful. I love how Ashlyn wanted them to be symmetrical. Go, Deana!

April 23rd, 2009 at 11:40 am

3. jennifer

I am a flip flop girl too. That is a great preject. We will be doing this one. It would be fun for my preschool class too.

One year we made flip flops out of cereal boxes (I think it was a Family Fun idea) and the kids wore them for a few days. They really enjoyed that.

Thanks for linking such a fun idea.

April 25th, 2009 at 9:54 pm

4. Lyndsay

This is SO sweet and FUN!! I cannot wait to try this with my little one!! THANK YOU!

April 30th, 2009 at 12:33 pm

5. Teaching Two » Friday Showcase- Beach Theme

[...] Flip Flops [...]

May 7th, 2009 at 11:14 pm

6. Lyndsay

We finally got around to trying this out last week and I shared our results on my blog. I linked you of course. :) Thanks again for the fabulous idea!! Lynds

July 13th, 2009 at 11:47 pm