We are going camping for the first time with the girls (and as a couple) in a week and the kids are so excited. I thought I would have a camping day indoors first . So today while they were resting I planned a whole day of fun activities for Friday. I took these pictures the night before because I knew I wouldn’ t have time to blog about it tomorrow. Below is a picture of everything I will need. Here is what I have planned for them:
- After breakfast they will decorate two toilet paper rolls using bug stickers, markers, stamps, etc. to make binoculars.
- rock painting- I found 4 awesome rocks that I “borrowed” from a distant neighbor.
- creating sculptures using toothpicks and mini marshmallows
- making numbers using playdoh (not really a camping activity but I found a sheet that had snakes on it)
- bug hunting in the backyard using their binoculars and bug jars they made at Emily’s b-day party.
- making their own “trail mix”- popcorn, peanuts, m&m’s, Cheerios
- reading in their tent and sleeping bags
- having an indoor picnic using our picnic basket
- counting activities with fireflies that I found here.
I will let you know how it goes and try to take pictures but I can’t promise anything. I plan on tackling Emily’s dresser in between activities.